Wednesday 2 September 2015

"JUDE" OF ALL TRADES


                "JUDE" OF ALL TRADES
     
    Until i turned 16, i always thought the "fairy" that "delivered" future ambitions to kids somehow forgot me (peharps as punishment for my constant bad manners). It was never definite; either this,or that...and in some cases,a combination sef.
    When I was 8, my Aunt had this microphone - the standard silver and black mic with an unending trail of wire-,that mic inspired me; a pure,sizzling and undiluted inspiration to....CLIMB ON THE CENTRE TABLE AND PREACH TO THE BANANA TREES... well,that was the birth of my first profession; to be a Pastor. Looking back now, i reckon i should have given more credence to the fact that i am a good orator(which we would find out in subsequent posts). So,the boy wanted to be a pastor...#Trade1
      The years flew by, or were they even months?...but i suddenly realized that my 'congregation' was not growing- perhaps i was not a good enough pastor,in fact, it was reducing!-My Dad actually cut down some of the Banana trees-. Well,one way or another...i knew i had to make a drastic change; an upgrade was required
      GOD BLESS OUR PILOTS....from the white suits to the perfect caps,and oh,i cannot but mention the cute air hostesses! LOL... i entered the pilot phase #Trade2... next came the naval officer dream #Trade3 and medical doctor came up along the line... (I just hope i won't ditch that along the line for "greener pastures"....  One way another 'sha',i found a perfect answer to the "What Do You Want To Be In Future?" question. Please post your own story of how you discovered..."What You Want To Be In Future"...See you next week😀👋✌

10 comments:

  1. The inspiration was from birth. The doctor that delivered me sought a scissors to cut the umbilical cord. He couldn't find it.. searched everywhere.. no clue. At last, he found it in my tender palms. Akin to the manner Virus said to his newly born grandchild in the Indian Movie: 3 Idiots; the doctor asked little Me ."..Do you wanna become a doctor ?"- so I was told. Although I love Economics... Medicine has always been my heart desire.

    Great Job brother.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LMAO.... really????...that's deep bro!... Economics and Medicine tho... i see u striking a balance somewhere in between... Money and Self-sacrifice..... Baba, Na You Oooooo

      Delete
  2. Hahaha@reducing congregation. Maybe ur audience is increasing#winkqink. As for that mic, it died two years ago. Your grand little cousin dint share d same aspirations...let's just say he had better plans for it. So I always wanted to be a Gynaecologist since I was like 5yrs! Oh then after jamb jambing me, low morale, strikes...let's just say it dint take long for me to fall in love with my physiology. Ah the came public health and I couldn't resist having an affair with her. I am sure Physiology understands-matters of the heart and matters of the pocket. Polygamy is allowed jor!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha.. . as my market dinnoh sell nko?. ... hmm... that's serious ooo.. .. Jamb tho... if everybody can just come on here and discuss about how Jamb has changed their futures.. we won't finish in days....."Matters of the pocket abii"... *BIG GRIN* Thank God u hv my account number already.. ...

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Life doesn't always give us what we want ...
    My interest in Chemistry got lighted the very moment I began my Senior secondary school journey. I was fascinated by that chassis of Chemistry itself- 'Elements. I was awed by how these elements were discovered, studied, and made useful.
    This not only heightened my love for it but made me realise I wouldn't want to study any other course at the higher institution than chemistry-related course. Pharmacy was my best bet since as a Money OT person, it seems more lucrative than the rest.
    I worked unabatedly towards that goal claiming all chemistry- related prizes throughout those three years.. Those were the best moment of my life because I thought I had found my way(smh)
    Fast-forward to Jamb, my brother sat me down, talked to me about the Economy and professions that could provide one with a satisfying income. The only course he could think about was Medicine( this I am sure was highly due to how Medical graduates were treated at the NYSC camp when he went for his national service). I couldn't but agree with him, there and then, my interest changed (Omo, I too love money). So, so, I find myself studying Medicine now, and I believe I have developed that necessary passion to thrive in it. I tell peeps this ' Two things can make U thrive in a career: Love for that career or the dividends(money...smh).. I know now I have got an edge over my colleagues( now! Where is that emoji with the tongue out) cos I started with love for the 'dividends' and now I have passion for the profession
    To all others out there, I wouldn't advise U to take the risk I took, cos it doesn't work for everyone. I am just one lucky S.o.b
    Life can always give better

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete