Wednesday 30 December 2015

What's The Essence?




       “Absence, is not the lack of something…..but the presence of NOTHING” – HayDhee
 
        Yeah, I Know Right!!... it’s been Ten weeks, Six days and 22 hours (for those of us that can actually do math) since my last post on ThoseThoughtz , some of y’all called, texted, pinged….some fellas even asked if I copied my first three posts (LOL).  The last nine weeks have been tough, from annoying lecturers to moonlights games in 9AM classes, from playing Superman in the Lab to friends that become family. I’ve missed you, really, I’ve even missed me…. Okay, let’s move to today;    

         So its 11:32PM, Monday 28th December (just two days after Christmas, mind you) and I’m sitting in this lonely class, trying to get some stuff into my head while hugging my arms and embracing this “African version of winter” called harmattan. Lemme take a moment now and ask myself,  “what’s the essence”, why am I not home with my folks, cracking the bones of yet another unfortunate chicken, while leveling the usual mountain of Pounded Yam that comes with Christmas night. It just begs The Million Dollar Question- ‘WHY DO I DO WHAT I DO?’

          I once saw this really deep DP that read “WORKING HARD FOR SOMETHING WE DON’T CARE ABOUT IS CALLED STRESS, WORKING HARD FOR SOMETHING WE LOVE IS CALLED PASSION.” And I agree, 100%, I mean what else would make someone decide to go to school for Six Years? Or make a random guy choose to run around a football pitch for all of 1hr; 30mins, or better still, what is making me close my books for so long to write this? It’s quite simple really, it’s LOVE, pure, sizzling and undiluted Love.
 
         Have you ever paused to ask yourself, ‘why do you even get off my bed every morning?’ (for me, it’s just to look for food sha), why do you go to work, school or even the market? Lemme guess, Passion, fun, boredom or better still MONEY????? OK, fine, I love writing, if possible I’d even write about writing, but I’m not in school studying ‘writing’, am I? Does that mean I’m not doing what I love best? How do I even get to know what I love best?
Just like in Jude Of All Trades, I’d ask how you stumbled on your life’s passion, are you even on the same lin   e as your deepest desires? Do you even enjoy your lectures? When last did you even smile at work? Or are you one of those people who want to become Movie Stars, but are in Medical School.
                                                                   #shalla

10 comments:

  1. I love what i do.... Anatomy is just the best

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice Work here:
    This is a question of purpose..not many are able to find it, only a few pursue it and even less achieve it.
    One of my teachers who is a surgeon said, Surgery is his passion, so when he does his job and gets paid, he is paid for his leisure.
    Nothing worth doing is ever easy, but when you do, what you love to do, life becomes fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adebo,your blog is on point.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks alot..... (remember to tell a frnd to visit) *bows*

      Delete